What Role Does The Specificity Play In Covid-19 Antibody Test Accuracy?
Ever since the Covid-19 hit the world, people haven’t talked about anything else except its causes, consequences and arrival of the vaccine. A major impact was made to every sector of the economy. As the economy stumbled, the health sector became a critical area of analysis. The testing procedures that were followed were developed in order to increase its rate. Several come up with Covid-19 Antibody Test Kit, and the fact that every kit was laid under laboratory testing showed how important it was for this kit to display accuracy in its results.
Prior to the solution, one must analyze what the real problem is! The Covid-19 Antibody Test Kits did the exact thing. Telling doctors about a patient’s infected rate, his current immunity, or if he has been infected with such deadly disease before! Designed to protect health servants during this pandemic, the testing kit became a key factor in shaping the future of this virus.
What Help Did It Provide To Tackle This Situation?
• Clear Answer: The kits were made to generate results in a shorter period of time. A number of them were made in accordance with pre-pandemic blood samples to give out clearer results. Ease to doctors was provided who had to do multiple tests before declaring someone positive or negative.
• Assistance: The innovation helped numerous small laboratories to carry out testing procedures which in turn eased the burden on the governmental institutions. The assistance they provided in handling this situation is remarkable.
• Accuracy: Accurate results were the need of the hour, and that’s what the Covid-19 Test Kit delivered! The ability to analyze a major segment of your body, from RBD to immune scanning, indeed helped doctors to start treating efficiently.
• Cost: The costs which were expected to rise with the increasing number of patients, declined with the onset of this kit. It became fairly reasonable for the people and the government to carry out testing procedures at a large scale. The kits that started to develop within the domestic boundaries made it even more feasible for people at the individual level.
• Antibody: The advanced mode now delivers important information about the antibodies that develop within the body. This collectively gives out positive news to the public.
The question that now arises is the accuracy of the test. People had certain doubts in mind. And why not, any deflection could turn their results upside down. That is why specificity plays a crucial role in the Covid test. Here’s how:
• False Outcomes: Outcomes, in this case, could prove to be fatal than expected. Any person declared negative through wrong testing has a great potential of spreading it to a larger section of the society. Everybody knows what a single host can do to an entire group!
• Bodies With ‘Antibodies’: Supposedly a person proven to have developed antibodies through a wrong test result deems to believe he has every freedom to interact with everyone. With the reality being different, you can imagine how much numbers it could add to the infected list. Therefore a test done with high specificity aims to deliver true results and saves the society as a whole.
• Antibody Mixture: It may be noticed that several cases reported as the common flu as well. A test performed with low specificity often detects antibodies generated to other viruses like the one talked above. The resultant is the false hope that has been created in the patient’s mind. And as they say ‘A false positive when combined with a false hope does more harm to people than anything ever could!
• Delays: What happens when you get tested twice or thrice when infected and the resultant comes out to be absolutely opposite of what you are expecting? A test when comes out to be falsely positive creates a situation of threat to the public. On the other hand, a falsely negative result keeps the patient from getting on with his life.
People keep waiting for the good news to come, and they deserve it, don’t they? Almost a year is on the line, and people are still struggling to carry on their normal routines. At such times, being precise about what you are telling people is very important. The major task of a COVID antibody test kits is to detect their immunity to this disease. Fingers crossed; it would be better than what people have faced so far!